The Summoning

Prompt: You have hidden your double life as a Dark Wizard from everyone, including your loved ones. Finally, you have gained enough power to summon a demon to help you in your dark works. When you finally cast the summoning spell, you're surprised to find your spouse standing in front of you.
_____



I stared at Kiran and he stared back. My brain felt like all the gears had slipped, none of them meshing against each other to convey what I was seeing to the part of my brain that would actually process that information. As soon as they clicked back together, though, things started to fall into place. Kiran never ate fully-cooked meat - "The bloodier the better," he'd chirp at steakhouses - and he seemed to be running a perpetual fever without actually being sick. And those business trips he took, always at the last moment, notifying me with little more than a text or call. My own slip-ups bubbled up in my memory, like the time I forgot to delete a conjuring book from our Kindle, or when I left my robes in the dryer and then asked Kiran to put away the clothes.
I gave him a sheepish smile and scuffed at the bloody pentagram on the stone floor. He chuckled, shaking his head.
"I had a feeling you were up to something," Kiran said. He shrugged and gave me a lopsided smile. "All right, sweetheart, let's fuck shit up."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back! and It's Preptober Time!

Draft Zero to Writing Hero Chapter IX: Back to the Revision Board

The Murder House