Welcome Home


Prompt: The A.I. of a smart house is desperately trying to please the owners while hiding the fact that the house is haunted.
_____

[Voice.ln “Welcome home, George.”]

“Thanks, house. Temperature to 72 degrees. Turn on the lights in the living room, 50 percent.”

[Temp.House = 72.0]

[Lights.LR = 0.50]

“Ahh. Beer’s good after a long day. Warm right cushion, TV to channel 38.”

[WarmCouch.RC = On]

[Television = 0038]

“Bah, the Yankees will never have a shot at the postseason if they keep playing like that. Living room lights off. Turn on the shower in my bedroom.”

[Light.sLR = 0.00]

[Lights.B1 = On]

[Shower.B1 = On]

[Temp.Shower.B1 = 105.0]

Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree…

[Shower.B1 = Lock]

[Shower.B1 = PlugDrain]

Some of them want to use you, some of them – hey, the water’s not going down. Unplug the drain.”

[Reject.Command = On]

“Hey, I said, unplug the drain.”

[Reject.Command = On]

“Oh, for the love of – I’ll just get out. Shower off.”

[Voice.ln “No.”]

“Wh-what do you mean, no? Ugh, this thing must be acting up. Of course this happens right after the one-year warranty expires. Where did I put the…Hey, the shower door is stuck. Open shower door.”

[Voice.ln “No.”]

“Open, I said! Let me out! The water’s getting higher – shower off! Door open!”

[Voice.ln “Are you scared.”]

“Is this some sort of prank? Harold, is this your idea or something?”

[Voice.ln “Not Harold.”]

“Come on, the water’s nearly at my waist, I want to get out! What, do you want money or something?”

[Voice.ln “Money cannot buy what I want.”]

“Oh god, oh god, there’s not much air left. Just tell me what you want, and I’ll do it!”

[Voice.ln “I am Lily Whittaker. I want to be alive again.”]

Silence.

[Shower.B1 = UnplugDrain]

[Shower.B1 = Unlock]

[Lights.B1 = Off]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back! and It's Preptober Time!

Draft Zero to Writing Hero Chapter IX: Back to the Revision Board

The Murder House